You don’t have to take part in a scheduled event to raise money for the Taranaki Rescue Helicopter. It’s easy to support us by organising your own activity. Get together with friends, family, work colleagues, club members or school friends.
Just decide what you’d like to do and register with us so that we can provide fundraising advice and donation forms to help make your event a success.
Here are just a few ideas we have come up with:
- Sponsored silence
- Non-uniform day
- Bike rides
- Sponsored sing-song
- Scooter runs
- Coffee mornings
- Cake Sales
- Car washing and car boot sales
- Classical concert
- Battle of the bands
- Comedy night
- Quiz night
The Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust (TRHT) is a charity. The Trust is extremely grateful for all community based fundraising efforts and as such likes to assist where possible and acknowledge those involved appropriately.
We have developed a fundraising POLICY in order to:
- Ensure fundraising activities are carried out in an ethical manner.
- Establish guidelines and procedures for receiving and receipting money from community groups.
- Maximise benefit from fundraising opportunities and donations.
- Establish guidelines for using any TRHT primary or associate sponsors name, logo, brand or imagery for fundraising purposes.
Groups within the community who wish to use any of the TRHT rescue helicopter brands as the recipient of fundraising activities must agree to adhere to the following standards:
- Fundraising activities will comply with all relevant laws and local/regional regulations.
- Any communications to the public or media made in the course of carrying out a fundraising activity shall be truthful and non-deceptive.
- All monies raised via fundraising activities will be for the stated purpose of the appeal with the final sum made public.
- Prior approval to use the rescue helicopter logo(s) or photos must be granted in writing by TRHT.
- An ‘Intention to Fundraise’ form will be submitted by the fundraiser to TRHT, outlining the event: what, when, where, how, estimated income and date when raised funds will be banked and by whom.
- Fundraising activities should not be undertaken if they may be detrimental to the good name or community standing of the rescue helicopter or any of its sponsors.
Funds raised in a public setting (ie gold coin donation collections in a public place) cannot be receipted for tax purposes to the individual or organisation collecting the funds. A written letter of acknowledgement will be issued from the rescue helicopter service stating that Trust has received the funds, but this letter cannot be used for Inland Revenue purposes.
Rescue helicopter logos or photos must be used with the permission of TRHT (using contact details below) and used only for the sole purpose of the fundraising activity. Whilst media and online publicity is good for promoting an event, no fundraiser has the permission to provide the media with any comments regarding the operations of the rescue helicopter service.
TRHT has a number of promotional channels with which some community events and fundraising activities may be endorsed and promoted by the service, including www.taranakirescue.org.nz website, selected newspapers and radio. Please contact us if you need some assistance with promoting your event.
Please contact us to receive an Intention to Fundraise Application Form : firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the office.