TARANAKI RESCUE HELICOPTER TRUST
TERMS & CONDITIONS – FRIENDS FLIGHT TRANSFERS:
- Eligibility, guidelines and benefits of a Friend of the Rescue Helicopter that determine access to the Service include:
The Friend requesting transport must have:
- been a financial Friend for a period of at least three (3) months prior to the request; and
- suffered an accident or illness resulting in hospitalisation within New Zealand.
- The Friend’s condition must be such that other means of transport, such as road ambulance, is not possible or practical.
- Transportation will be to Taranaki Base Hospital, to enable recovery closer to their family.
- Transportation may be provided by an Operator other than the Taranaki Rescue Helicopter.
- The Friend to be transported must be a current financial Friend or a member of a current financial Friends’ immediate family whose principal place of residence is within the Friend’s household.
- Transport is subject to prevailing weather conditions, aircraft availability and subject to the requirements of the Taranaki District Health Board (TDHB). Every endeavour will be made to effect the transport when requested but delays may be occasioned due to factors outside the control of the rescue helicopter. The Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust has sole and absolute discretion as to when the transport flight will be undertaken.
- The Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust may in its sole and absolute discretion decline to transport a Friend due to the nature of the Friend’s illness or condition.