Each year we’re seeing a significant increase in mission numbers. This increase has a direct impact on our helicopter’s maintenance schedule, including parts and specialist equipment required by dedicated crew.
As a charity, we receive only partial funding from the Government. Donations help us to provide urgent assistance by air for members of our community when they need it most.
Time is of the essence for people involved in accidents, who experience a medical event or are isolated and need rescuing. Your one-off contribution and support will keep us in the air, saving lives in Taranaki.
As an ANNUAL DONOR you are helping save lives and we want to share these life-saving experiences with you.
We regularly post these missions on our Facebook page and will also mail out newsletters to you, providing an update on the missions that have been made possible and the lives you have helped us save.
Your ANNUAL DONATION details will be sent to you and if you have any queries you can always give us a call.
Donations to a charitable trust, like the Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust, qualify for a 33.33% tax rebate. We will provide you with a tax receipt for your donation. If you have any questions about coming on board as a ANNUAL DONOR, please call 0508 4737 283.
REGULAR MONTHLY GIVING
We believe that when we set out on a mission, it’s not just the pilot and the crew onboard. It’s the individuals, families, and businesses on the ground, who help us save lives in the Taranaki region.
The Support Crew is the name of our regular donation programme, that gets the rescue helicopter off the ground. By joining our Support Crew, you can help us save lives in Taranaki.
Benefits of joining the Support Crew
- Exclusive member-only Taranaki Rescue Helicopter lapel pin
- Exclusive invitation to the annual Support Crew lunch at the Hangar with the crew
- OnBoard Newsletter every six months giving you insight into our rescue missions
- Monthly eNews updating you on mission numbers and news from the crew
- Annual tax receipt
By supporting the Taranaki Rescue Helicopter, your company is ensuring there is a fast, life-saving air rescue service available for our community. Working together we can save lives. In return, we can provide you with a mutually beneficial partnership and work together to achieve mutual business goals. How we can work together:
- Sponsor a Mission
- Pledge a donation
- Nominate us as your Charity of the Year
- Employee fundraising activities
- Encourage payroll giving (a tax-efficient way to donate)
- Sponsor a piece of equipment
Whatever your sponsorship objectives, we look forward to working towards a bespoke solution that caters to your requirements.
There are many levels that companies can support the Trust that in turn can also help your company promote your community responsibility values to your customers and staff:
- $300 – framed photo of helicopter
- $500 – Supporters logo, personalised framed photo
SPONSOR A MISSION:
The benefits in sponsoring a mission are:
- A framed dedicated ‘Mission Sponsorship’ certificate detailing a specific mission, dedicating the mission to your business/organisation. This is a tangible gift to your community that you can showcase to your customers, staff and set you apart from your competitors.
- A framed photograph of the helicopter, signed by the crew and personalised to your business/organisation.
- Acknowledgement of your business in our bi-annual newsletters – this goes to 23,000 families and businesses in the region.
- Use of our official Corporate Supporter’s Logo for your marketing purposes for a 12 month period.
- Each full mission sponsorship is $12,000.
HOLD AN EVENT
You don’t have to take part in a scheduled event to raise money for the Taranaki Rescue Helicopter. It’s easy to support us by organising your own activity. Get together with friends, family, work colleagues, club members or school friends. Just decide what you’d like to do and register with us so that we can provide fundraising advice and donation forms to help make your event a success. Here are just a few ideas we have come up with:
- Sponsored silence
- Non-uniform day
- Bike rides
- Sponsored sing-song
- Scooter runs
- Coffee mornings
- Cake Sales
- Car washing and car boot sales
- Classical concert
- Battle of the bands
- Comedy night
- Quiz night
The Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust (TRHT) is a charity. The Trust is extremely grateful for all community based fundraising efforts and as such likes to assist where possible and acknowledge those involved appropriately. We have developed a fundraising POLICY in order to:
- Ensure fundraising activities are carried out in an ethical manner.
- Establish guidelines and procedures for receiving and receipting money from community groups.
- Maximise benefit from fundraising opportunities and donations.
- Establish guidelines for using any TRHT primary or associate sponsors name, logo, brand or imagery for fundraising purposes.
Groups within the community who wish to use any of the TRHT rescue helicopter brands as the recipient of fundraising activities must agree to adhere to the following standards:
- Fundraising activities will comply with all relevant laws and local/regional regulations.
- Any communications to the public or media made in the course of carrying out a fundraising activity shall be truthful and non-deceptive.
- All monies raised via fundraising activities will be for the stated purpose of the appeal with the final sum made public.
- Prior approval to use the rescue helicopter logo(s) or photos must be granted in writing by TRHT.
- An ‘Intention to Fundraise’ form will be submitted by the fundraiser to TRHT, outlining the event: what, when, where, how, estimated income and date when raised funds will be banked and by whom.
- Fundraising activities should not be undertaken if they may be detrimental to the good name or community standing of the rescue helicopter or any of its sponsors.
Funds raised in a public setting (ie gold coin donation collections in a public place) cannot be receipted for tax purposes to the individual or organisation collecting the funds. A written letter of acknowledgement will be issued from the rescue helicopter service stating that Trust has received the funds, but this letter cannot be used for Inland Revenue purposes. Rescue helicopter logos or photos must be used with the permission of TRHT (using contact details below) and used only for the sole purpose of the fundraising activity. Whilst media and online publicity is good for promoting an event, no fundraiser has the permission to provide the media with any comments regarding the operations of the rescue helicopter service. TRHT has a number of promotional channels with which some community events and fundraising activities may be endorsed and promoted by the service, including www.taranakirescue.org.nz website, selected newspapers and radio. Please contact us if you need some assistance with promoting your event. Please contact us to receive an Intention to Fundraise Application Form : [email protected] or telephone the office.